Monday, September 17, 2007

whoaaa

let me first take you back 2 weeks and a year ago. last year on alvin's bday, august 31st, we went over to his apartment to decorate his room and surprise him with a cake! for the most part, everything was great and fun...so they have these chairs at their place that are either a rocking chair or normal chair. so we're all sitting around the living room eating cake. i'm sitting down on a chair and i start to rock, but to my dismay, its not a rocking chair!!! and everything turns into slow-mo and i slowly fall backwards, yelling "whoaaaaaaa!!" i hit the floor, all sprawled out. the plate of cake that i was holding flies over my head and i make a huge mess and commotion. ohhh the embarrassment. :( hahaha definitely not funny for me at the moment, but i get a good laugh out of it now.

so flash forward to september 12, joy's 293,847th time to celebrate her bday-- which joy's bday was on 9/9...ok not relevant. after our fancy, dress-up dinner, we head back to joy's apartment for some good old tcby cake!! yummyyyy. so basically, what happens is that i make a move to cake joy, which was a success!! but then...she struck back for some revenge which, similar to last year, ends in my embarrassment with me sprawled out on the floor. :( but this time was 10 million times worse!! actually, this time, me sprawled out on the floor didn't happen in slow-mo, which i guess is a good thing?

so joy hits me with her revenge, and i lose my balance and i cant stop myself cause my hands are full so the only way to go is down...as i remember it, i'm facing alex, lesley and mel who are sitting on the futon and lesley who is on another chair in the corner. i forget who else i was facing, but everyone else in the apartment is standing around, watching. and as i go down, let me remind you that i'm wearing a short dress, my dress flies up and i FLASH everyone!!!! ahhhhhhhh :( :( :( on the brighter side, i think it could have been lots worse if i didn't strategically cross my legs as i fell backwards. i distinctly remember falling down and quickly trying to cross my legs to minimize the flashing, but mel says that she saw EVERYTHING. ugh.

and to think that earlier in the night i was considering wearing tights underneath. damn.


oh the horror....

No comments: